Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I don't want to get strech marks. Does anyone know any solution or cream to avoid this?

It's genetics. If you're destined to get them then all the lotions, creams, oils or vaselines in the world won't prevent them. Sorry. It sucks but it's true.





There are women who do nothing to their skin and don't get them.


There are women who use tons of products daily to avoid them and they still get them.





I got them and I've used every trick in the book and specialty products to boot. Vit. E, shea butter, coco butter, avacado butter, baby oil, vaseline, peanut oil, olive oil, some special strech mark cream (baby your belly), moisturizing bubble bar/bath bombs, honey, almond oil, glycerine....the list goes on forever (okay not forever but for 37 wks of trying to prevent, then get rid of, stretch marks).





It's like how some girls don't get PMS.


Others are bed ridden with cramps, headaches, backaches and moodswings.





It sucks but you'll deal. I love my skin and I pride myself on taking really good care of it. It's scary but not that bad. As long as your baby is healthy and growing properly, you'll find that your marks take a backseat (And this is coming from a girl who didn't even want to be pregnant). I can't tell you about getting rid of them postpartum but maybe my psychotic regimin will work better then ;-)I don't want to get strech marks. Does anyone know any solution or cream to avoid this?
I am on baby #3 and have a couple of tiny stretch marks above my pubic area and I used Palmers Cocoa butter (in the tub) for each pregnancy. I put it on immediately after my shower %26amp; grease up like a little piggy! It's kinda gross at first, but you get used to it. The only thing I didn't realize with my first pregnancy is that you CAN get stretch marks on your bum.... so I neglected that area, and guess what ... thats the only area I have any stretch marks! So now I goop it on from belly to bum! It's a little greasy, but I swear IT WORKSI don't want to get strech marks. Does anyone know any solution or cream to avoid this?
Drink a lot of water so you don't gain a lot of water weight.


I hear mederma for stretch marks is good, but that may be after you have them. There was a question on here yesterday like this and someone mentioned some type of oil.


I am using the coco butter stuff everyday on my tummy, but i'm not that far along yet so I don't know.
This is my first pregnancy and I'm only 9 weeks along, so I dont know if this works for sure, but someone told me cocoa butter and vitamin e oil. So I'm using both. You can find both at the drug store. Start early in the pregnancy. I put it on before bed because I wouldn't like to feel greased up like that to go to work in the day. Hope it works! Can't hurt.
Cocconut milk
First off, be careful what you eat, don't gain weight too quickly you want to give your skin time to stretch without causing stretch marks. Second off and EXTREMELY important, stay well hydrated, drink plenty of water all the time. Also, I think vitamin E helps or is supposed to (it won't hurt at the least) so you can make sure you're getting enough in your diet or take supplements and use Vitamin E lotion (or oil) on your skin. Hope this helps!
When I was pregnant with my kids, I used cocoa butter. Not the lotion, but the cream in a jar. I only got one stretch mark and that was during the latter part of my second pregnancy. My daughter used it during four pregnancies, and never got a mark.
I'm using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula, Massage Cream For Streach Marks with Vitamin E Collagen %26amp; Elastin. That is what I have been using and it's been working. You have to put it on in the morning and when your going to bed. You can find it anywhere.***
Most of the people who answered this question are right. I personally used Palmer's cocoa butter and the lotion for stretchmarks. The only thing I did wrong was gained weight too fast not giving my skin enough time to stretch and I didn't put it on my thighs!!! But they're still not too bad. That's my advice. Oh, and one more thing....DON'T SCTATCH!!!!! When your tummy and breast itches, they're probably growing and scratching makes stretchmarks come too. Good luck!!
Baby oil baths work, and vasaline before bed. But if you're gonna get them, you can't prevent it...
I tried shea butter and cocoa butter.. I still got the strech marks.. it is genetics... dont worry.. they will fade with time.. some women dont even get hem.. not fair to us that do.....
Use lots of coco butter lotion on stomach- surrounding areas and breast. I did not get a single stretch mark. I used it 3-5 times a day. The other part is genetics. If your mom or grandmothers got them you are more likely to get them. I am not sure why it just happens that way. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment