Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baking roadblock. No heavy whipping cream, instead I have heavy cream, any solutions? (It's for a cheesecake)

Well as you have read, I need to somehow use heavy cream in place of heavy whipping cream (not whipped cream!) for a cheesecake mix (made from scratch, not the boxes).





I asked one of the people at the local supermarket, and he said heavy whipping cream can be made from any of the creams on the shelves. Then I told him it was for a cheesecake and he said that cream is used to soften up the cream cheese but at the same time making it firm (I think that's what he said) so that when eaten it'd be nice and smooth and all ya know.





So... does anyone have a solution? The recipe calls for 32 oz. of cream cheese, 4 eggs, 2 egg yolks, sugar, flour, and a fourth a cup of heavy whipping cream. So... how much of the heavy cream should I use? And how should I add it in?Baking roadblock. No heavy whipping cream, instead I have heavy cream, any solutions? (It's for a cheesecake)
They are exactly the same... You will use the same measure... if you need 1/4 c. whipping cream then use 1/4 c. heavy cream and vise versa.





Any brand will do.. they too are all the same... cream is cream.





how to add it in ? Just dump it in and stir !!





: )Baking roadblock. No heavy whipping cream, instead I have heavy cream, any solutions? (It's for a cheesecake)
beat 1 half of an egg white with the cream in a blender
Heavy whipping cream and heavy cream have only a couple of percent difference in fat content. Use the heavy cream in the same proportions, you wont be able to tell the difference.
They are the same thing as far as I know. Just use what the recipe calls for and send me a piece of cheesecake.
Sometimes supermarket '; whipping cream '; has sugar added to beyond that heavy cream and whipping cream are the same product
Heavy cream and whipping cream (unwhipped) are the same thing. Really! I've been baking since I was 6 years old!
heavy cream and heavy whipping cream are the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment